The SC205 from EVE Audio is a two-way active studio monitor for your home or professional studio. Equipped with a bi-amplifier with a short-term total output of 100W for powering its 5″ woofer and an AMT RS1 tweeter, the SC205 is designed to offer maximum headroom with minimal distortion.
The SC205’s custom-made 5″ SilverCone woofer, which is driven by a 1.5″ voice coil, provides bass frequency response down to 53 Hz. The speaker’s compact size makes it suitable for smaller listening environments, and you can mount the SC205 on a regular microphone or speaker stand by way of the threaded screw inserts on the bottom. There are also threaded screw inserts on the back for wall mounting using the optional adapter plate.
The SC205 also features both balanced XLR inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs for flexible connectivity, and a selector knob on the front that gives access to volume control and filter settings to help you tailor your monitors to the way you work.
One push knob operation gives access to DSP-based volume control and filter settings via high quality A/D converter (24bit/192 kHz) from Burr-Brown.
Bass Port Design
Large rear rectangular port with no hard edges for high efficiency on lower frequencies.
- Monitor Type Active 2-Way
- Enclosure Bass-Reflex, Shielded
- Power Rating 100 W
- Drivers HF Driver: 1 x / Air Motion Transformer
- LF Driver: 1 x 5″ / 130 mm Woofer
- Amplification HF Amplifier: Rated at 50 W
- LF Amplifier: Rated at 50 W
- Frequency Range 53 Hz to 21 kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL) 101 dB
- Protections and Limiting Limiter
- Crossover Frequency 3 kHz
- I/O 1 x 3-Pin XLR Balanced Analog Input (10 kOhms)
- 1 x RCA Unbalanced Analog Input (10 kOhms)
- Power Consumption 1 W (Standby)
- 70 W (Maximum)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 6.9 x 10.8 x 9.2″ / 175 x 275 x 233 mm
- Weight 11.0 lb / 5.0 kg